Module 4, sold product performance, assesses the most significant emissions from the automotive manufacturing sector, which occur when vehicles are in use. It is critically important for the sector to transition away from internal combustion engines.
This module therefore assesses:
- For indicator 4.1, the fleet emissions pathway – weighted 8% of the performance assessment
- For indicator 4.2, the fleet emissions lock-in – weighted 7% of the performance assessment
- For indicator 4.3, the low-carbon vehicle share – weighted 15% of the performance assessment
- For indicator 4.4, the rate at which companies are increasing the distance travelled by their ICE vehicles per litre of fuel consumed (conventional international combustion engine efficiency) – weighted 5% of the performance assessment.
- This is the most highly weighted module in the performance assessment at 35% of the performance assessment score.