The Index Initiative is the secretariat of the consultation of the World Benchmarking Alliance.
Index Initiative, located at Weesperstraat 61, 1018 VN Amsterdam The Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
1018 VN Amsterdam
The Netherlands +31 8 53 03 29 32
For any questions about your privacy you can reach the Data Protection team of Index Initiative at email@example.com
Personal data that we process
Index Initiative holds and processes your personal data in order to maintain a relationship with you. This information has been provided to us by you via signing up to our newsletter or attending an event.
Below is an overview of the personal data we might process:
- First and last name
- Address data
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Location data
- Information about your activities on our website
- Internet browser and device type
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data?
Index Initiative processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send our newsletter with updates, questions or inspirational content
- To send you updates on our events you might find interesting or you attended already
- Information you actively provided to us to keep in touch or to be part of our Alliance.
What systems do we use?
Index Initiative uses the following computer programs or systems:
This is an e-mail marketing system. If you request a to receive our newsletter via the website, your application will be processed in this system. From this system you then receive the newsletter. We also use this system for sending updates and newsletters to you when you gave consent to us verbally or otherwise.
- Exact Online
- This is our financial system. If we worked together based on a contract your information is in this system.
- Salesforce (not yet active)
- This is our CRM system. We store personal data you actively provided to us or information we can find online.
- Office 365
- This is our collaboration tool. We share documents and information with employees of the Index Initiative.
How long we store personal data
Index Initiative does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. Our retention period is in line with the Netherlands national legislation provisions which can be found in the General Tax Act (GTA) (Algemene Wet inzake rijksbelastingen) and the Dutch Civil Code (Burgerlijk). It states the following periods for the different purposes of storing personal data:
- For our newsletter, we only need your first name, organisation and e-mail address. If you deregister, you will be left inactive in the system and not completely removed. This is so that we do not approach you again while you have indicated that you no longer wish to receive e-mail. We clean our systems at least once a year.
- Accounting and finance documents: 7 years after the inactivity of transactions
- HR documents including pensions and salaries: 5 years after the termination of employment
- Required for communication/invoicing: 12 months for telephone communication and 6 months for internet data
- Personal data: No longer than necessary for achieving the purposes for which the personal data was collected or subsequently processed
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data, as well as the right to withdraw your consent and be forgotten; this means the Index Initiative will terminate the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability, which means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal information we hold to you or another organisation mentioned by you in a computer file.
To send a request for access, correction, deletion and the data transfer of your personal data please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, in within at least within 40 days of your request. If data removal has been requested, all identifying contact information included in your request will also be deleted after request has been fulfilled.
Index Initiative also wants to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
Sharing personal data with third parties
Index Initiative will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide this information if it is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data in our assignment, we conclude a processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Index Initiative remains responsible for these processing operations.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Automated decision-making refers to decisions taken by computer programs or systems without involving a person (for example, an employee of the Index Initiative). Index Initiative does not rely on automated decision-making on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people.
Protection of data
Index Initiative takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification.
If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at email@example.com.