List of companies
The World Benchmarking Alliance benchmarks the 25 most influential companies in the automotive industry. Their significant influence means that they can accelerate positive change. These 25 companies set the standard for others in the industry, due to their size, influence and reach.
This transparency and insight in performance will support accountability; and given the influence these keystone companies have over their employees, suppliers, customers and communities, this could lead to real and transformative change.
- BAIC Motor Corporation Ltd (北京汽车股份有限公司)
- BMW AG
- Chongqing Changan Automobile Company Ltd. (重庆长安汽车股份有限公司|长安汽车 )
- Daimler AG
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd (东风汽车股份有限公司|东风汽车)
- FAW Car Company Limited (一汽轿车股份有限公司)
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV
- Ford Motor Company
- Geely Automobile Holdings Limited (吉利汽车控股有限公司)
- General Motors Company
- Groupe PSA
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. Ltd (广州汽车集团有限公司|广汽集团)
- Honda Motor Company
- Hyundai Motor Co
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (上海汽车集团股份有限公司|上汽集团)
- Subaru Corporation
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Tata Motors
- Tesla Motors, Inc.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
About the companies
We used the following methodology to identify the keystone companies:
- Target the most impactful companies using for example, the CDP Investor Research Autos report for publicly listed companies and high production privately owned companies.
- Research and data gathering: in terms of corporate structures – companies that are subsidiaries or have been merged or incorporated into others in recent years have been taken into consideration. The emphasis is put on light duty vehicles. Data is gathered on vehicle production, market capitalization and revenue.
- Analysis: all companies are then ranked through an ‘impact index’ that equally weights vehicle production, market capitalization and revenue. The first twenty five companies in the ‘impact index’ are considered in scope as a keystone company with direct impact on the transformation of the sector.