For consultation: Draft Methodology for the Urban Benchmark
Our Urban Benchmark will translate the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda into a roadmap for the private sector, outlining the clear commitments and actions that companies must make and take to help transform our urban system.
The benchmark will assess 415 of the world’s most influential companies from the following industries: real estate developers and managers, design, engineering and construction companies, passenger transport and consumer logistics companies, and power, water, and waste management utilities.
The companies in scope will be assessed on five urban-specific measurement areas and core social indicators:
- governance and strategy,
- safety and resilience,
- environmental sustainability,
- vibrancy and compactness.
Request for feedback
We aim to develop the Urban Benchmark Methodology with the help and insights from key stakeholders in the urban ecosystem. From the end of January 2023 until the end of March 2023, WBA is holding a public consultation on the draft methodology. With this publication, we seek additional input from stakeholders on the methodology for the benchmark.
We warmly invite you to participate in the multi-stakeholder consultations. There are two ways you can contribute:
- by completing our feedback form,
- by participating in one of the three virtual roundtables. The roundtables will consist of a general discussion on the proposed indicators.
- Wednesday March 22nd, 17.00-18.30 CET – register here
- Thursday March 23rd, 11.00 – 12.30 CET – register here
- Monday March 27th, 07.00-08.30 CET – register here
Soon we will organise a series of virtual roundtables throughout March to give inputs on the draft methodology. Further details about the roundtables will be announced in February 2023 here.
For any further questions, all stakeholders and individuals are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org