Official side event at the Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development 2021, hosted by the World Benchmarking Alliance, Partners for Review and Thai Union.
Wednesday, 24 March 2021 10:15–11:45 Central European Time/ 16:15–17:45 Bangkok time.
Registration Link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpceCprzIrHtaT0fMqUfcU1G4JPZnw3BEd
The Sustainable Development Goals have emerged as the framework for businesses and investors to align their operations to the agenda of sustainable development, grow collaboration with governments to this end, and ultimately for the Asia-Pacific to build back better following COVID-19. In particular, the pandemic has emphasized the importance of companies embedding the central principle of the SDGs: leave no one behind. This can only be accomplished through a social transformation where businesses act ethically, respect human rights, and provide and promote decent work.
Join this interactive, multi-stakeholder conversation to explore new tools, best practices, as well as opportunities to track progress (e.g. Voluntary National Reviews) with the objective of strengthening resiliencies in the region and leaving no one behind.
- Soumya Guha, SDGs Officer, NITI Aayog, Government of India
- Miriam Rosa González, Advisor, Partners for Review (co-host)
- Darian McBain, Global Director, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability, Thai Union Group (co-host)
- Rekha Chakravarthy, Policy Advisor, Corporate Accountability, Cividep India
- Dan Neale, Social Transformation Lead, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Namit Agarwal, Asia Policy Lead, World Benchmarking Alliance (moderator)