In 2022 and 2023, WBA’s Nature Benchmark will strive to assess the 1,000 most influential companies across 22 industries on their contributions to stable and resilient ecosystems through adequate governance, biodiversity and environmental management, while delivering on social inclusion and community impact expectations.
Until 2 March 2022, WBA’s draft methodology for its Nature Benchmark is open for public consultation. Read the methodology
The methodology has sought to build on existing nature standards and best practice whilst also recognising and trying to fill some of the gaps as new or updated biodiversity metrics are getting defined this year by expert organisations. It aims to incentivise companies to start taking action now, understand where biodiversity impacts are highest along their value chain, set a holistic and realistic nature-positive strategy, and act quickly to halt damaging trends.
In addition to the written feedback, we warmly invite you to one of the three virtual roundtables we will be hosting in March 2022, where we will walk you through WBA’s way of benchmarking as well as the draft methodology. Following this, we will welcome your feedback on our work.
The roundtables will be organised as follows:
- Introduction to WBA’s way of benchmarking and the Nature transformation
- Technical aspects of benchmarking: industry selection, data collection, scoring and weighting
Indicator overview: we will provide an overview of the indicators in the methodology, organised in three measurement areas.
- Governance and Strategy
- Biodiversity and environmental management
- Social inclusion and community impact
- Spotlight indicators: Following the general overview, we will guide a deep dive in certain spotlighted indicators, where we need the most feedback on. This will happen either in a plenary session or via breakout rooms, depending on the number of participants.
- Closing remarks and next steps
In order to register, please do so directly by clicking the link next to your preferred session:
- Wednesday March 2nd, 8.00-9.30 CET/16.00-17.30 GMT+9 (Japan) – register here
- Thursday March 3rd, 18.00-19.30 CET/9.00-10.30 PST – register here
- Tuesday March 8th, 14.00-15.30 CET/8.00-9.30 EST – register here
Looking forward to hearing from you and do not hesitate to send your feedback or questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org