This dialogue takes place on Monday, 20 July from 12:00 to 13:00 CEST during the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum. It will explore how the World Benchmarking Alliance’s (WBA) upcoming corporate Digital Inclusion Benchmark can support policy learning towards digital development and an inclusive digital economy.
Digitalisation has the transformative power to accelerate progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), bringing innovative and disruptive technologies to tackle persistent challenges for communities and societies worldwide. While digitalisation increases global connectivity online – shaping new sectors and pioneering new ways of operating – it also brings with it the challenge of ensuring benefits are spread and harms are reduced. Addressing these challenges require a public sector response complemented by private sector actions.
As with all WBA convenings, our WSIS 2020 session is geared to be highly interactive. We look forward to your active participation in the dialogue.
- Introduction to WBA and the Digital Inclusion Benchmark by Lourdes Montenegro, Digital Sector Transformation Lead and moderator of this session
- Panel discussion and moderated dialogue on core thematic elements to digital inclusion; exploring how the benchmark can support public policy actions which enhance digital access, skills, use and innovation.
- Grace Mirandilla-Santos – Independent researcher on ICT policyfor The Asia Foundation – Philippines and the Asia Development Bank
- Michael Kende – Senior Fellow, Graduate Institute, Geneva, and Digital Development Specialist, World Bank Group
- Tricia Rey – Junior Fellow, Cyber Initiative Technology and Media Program Observation Research Foundation
We invite you to register for the session at the WSIS platform by clicking on the below registration button.
Please also confirm your participation with us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with background materials and additional details prior to the dialogue.