Emerging priority areas for private sector engagement at the UN Food Systems Summit
Date/Time: Tuesday 20 April 2021, at 15.00-16.00 CEST, followed by an optional coffee-chat session 16.00-16.30 CEST
Venue: SDG tent, Earth Plenary Room
Register: Register on the day, in the venue, to join the event
The United Nations Food Systems Summit in September 2021, aims to unleash ambitious new actions and innovative solutions from key players across all stakeholder backgrounds. To transform our food systems and leverage shifts to deliver progress across all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In the lead up to this historic event, the World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) works with the UN Food Systems Summit Secretariat to ensure we collaboratively guide companies on sustainable business practices across the whole food systems transformation agenda.
Companies’ CEOs or C-level suite executives are invited to learn more about:
- The on-going Summit process
- The key proposed solution areas for the private sector, as identified by the Private Sector Guiding Group (PSGG), and how companies can get input and make suggestions; These solution areas were generated from the first wave of consolidated game-changing propositions from all five Action Tracks
- WBA’s Food and Agriculture Benchmark and discuss how measurable progress is key in ensuring business impact towards food systems transformation.
- Keynote address from the UN Food Systems Summit
- Alison Cairns, Partnerships Lead, UN Food Systems Summit
- Diane Holdorf, Managing Director, Food & Nature, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme, Food and Agriculture Transformation Lead, WBA
We also welcome anyone to join who is interested to learn more about the process. Contact Charlotte Reeves, Engagement Manager