Virtual launch of the 2021 Food and Agriculture Benchmark
Where do the most influential global food and agriculture companies stand in transforming the food system for a sustainable future?
Find out at the launch of WBA’s Food and Agriculture Benchmark, which has assessed 350 companies from across the value chain on their environmental, nutritional and social impact.
Launching alongside the UN Food Systems Summit (UNFSS), it is a critical moment in addressing the interconnectedness of food systems to global challenges such as hunger, climate change, poverty and inequality. Following the IPCC report on climate change and UN’s State of Food Security and Nutrition (SOFI) on chronic levels of hunger, it is clear our food systems are not serving our planet or people. We know that the private sector has a critical role to play – but are they doing enough to implement a sustainable agenda?
This event, co-hosted with the Swiss government, will feature speakers from the private sector, GAIN, WBCSD, a Rome-based agency, farmer organisation, youth climate-activist and others. We aim to shine a light on the opportunities and challenges of private sector performance and identify ways for stakeholders to motivate and accelerate private sector impact, in relation to the actions of the UNFSS. Full agenda to follow.
Tuesday 21 September at 08:00-09:30 EDT / 13:00-14:30 BST / 14:00-15:30 CEST / 17:30-19:00 IST
- Moderator: M. Ann Tutwiler, Senior Fellow, Meridian Institute
- Keynote address: Speaker from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Presentation: Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme, Food Transformation Lead, World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA)
Panel of change-makers on the ground:
- Sebastian Pedraza Paez, Member Steering Committee, Young Professionals for Agricultural Development Network (YPARD)
- Nimrod Wambette, Chair, Mount Elgon Agroforestry Communities Coop Enterprise ltd
- Michael Ojo, Country Director Nigeria, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Interview with Dr. Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to the 2021 Food Systems Summit (pre-recorded)
Panel of private-sector voices:
- Robbert de Vreede, Executive Vice President Global Food, Unilever
- Ilias El Fali, Advisor to OCP’s Chairman & CEO and former COO, OCP
- Diane Holdorf, Managing Director of Food & Nature, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Lotte Beck, ESG Manager of Global Equity Investment, Macquarie
- Closing: Patrick Mink, Senior Policy Officer, Federal Office for Agriculture, Switzerland (co-host)