Request for proposal for independent evaluation of the World Benchmarking Alliance
WBA is seeking an external partner for our second independent evaluation. We are inviting interested parties to submit a bid. The purpose of this evaluation is twofold: being accountable and improving our performance. We hope this evaluation will provide insights into why results were or were not achieved.
Proposed evaluation questions are outlined below and more detail can be found in the full RFP.
- In what ways are key stakeholders using WBA methodologies, insights and results to hold companies to account on their sustainability commitments?
- How do WBA benchmarks and stakeholder actions based on WBA benchmark results lead to changes in company behaviour?
- How and to what extent does strong performance in the benchmark cascade through to positive impact on people and the planet, particularly in developing countries?
- What is the added value of the Alliance for Allies?
In addition to these evaluation questions, the evaluator should provide some insights into how effective WBA is allocating its efforts and resources to its most influential and impactful activities.
Requirements and desirable skills
We seek an individual or team of evaluators for this independent evaluation. The consultant(s) must be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Experience and excellent understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning concepts and tools including Theory of Change, result management framework, and research methods suitable for outcome-based learning and evaluation such as outcome harvesting.
- Significant and proven experience with designing and undertaking complex evaluations of multistakeholder, global initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, analytical and report writing skills in the English language.
- Ability to operate independently, maintain regular contact and time management to deliver high quality, concise and timely results.
Response format and how to apply
Successful proposals (10 page max, excluding attachments) include the following details for consideration:
- A brief overview of your organisation and team, including track record and expertise in relevant areas of work. You are encouraged to share relevant previous evaluations and other relevant assignments and testimonials from previous clients.
- Outline of proposed steps and evaluation methodologies, and data collection methods.
- Approach to project management and how you propose to work with us.
- Rates and prices, potentially as a range of options, should be inclusive of all costs and in EUR, including planned expenses, travel, VAT or any other applicable taxes. The budget should be clear and transparent and costs should be separately presented. The consultant(s) fees and number of working days anticipated should be included at a minimum.
- Indicative daily rate range for contracts. State clearly any assumptions made.
- One-page CV for each consultant, matching expertise and experience to the work components and requirements and location.
- Clear description of availability for the requested period and ability to achieve deadlines as outlined, including ability to dedicate resources appropriately to meet deadlines
Full details, including further details regarding the evaluation questions, budget, deliverables and timelines, are included in the attached Request for Proposals. Responses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 16 June 2023, and requests for clarifications may be sent to the same addresses by 22 May.
Project kick-off is anticipated to take place in August and the evaluation report should be delivered by mid-December 2023.
This tendering process will be conducted in line with WBA’s procurement policy.Download PDF