Are you passionate and knowledgeable about sustainability? Are you a strong stakeholder manager with excellent engagement and organising skills? Then the World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is looking for you because we are recruiting for an:
With a passion for digital inclusion and multi-stakeholder relations
The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That’s why WBA develops benchmarks that will compare companies’ performance on the SDGs. We strengthen, support and complement our benchmarks through active engagement with civil society, financial institutions, business networks and policy institutions.
WBA has identified seven system transformations, including digital, where companies have a unique role to play in contributing to the SDG. Working with a global team, your focus will be on supporting WBA’s engagement efforts aligned to the digital system. This will include management of issues focused on digital access, skills, use, and innovation through stakeholder relations activities, partnership building, events and project management. You will work closely with benchmark and policy teams and sit in the institutional engagement team.
What you do
- Ensure balanced, multi-stakeholder engagement throughout the benchmark development process, including around methodology development, publication, and use of results.
- Lead on organising global events with a diverse group of stakeholders, including coordinating logistics, sourcing partners, confirming participants, designing the programme and preparing materials.
- Raise benchmark visibility by securing panel positions or workshops at relevant industry or system forums and scoping relevant events and conferences for in-person engagement.
- Support the Digital Sector Transformation Lead in building partnerships and collaboration with key organisations.
- At both a benchmark and institutional level, consult and collaborate closely with the Digital Sector Transformation Lead in the development of benchmark narratives and help develop the thinking and approach to engagement strategy with key stakeholder groups.
- Share learnings and best practices with other engagement managers across systems or benchmarks to troubleshoot issues and support larger organisational priorities, such as the UNGA or Davos.
- Provide support for engagement with companies and regular administrative, monitoring and evaluation tasks.
Our Engagement Manager:
- has 2-4 years working experience in engagement-related roles
- has a passion for sustainability with knowledge and understanding of the SDGs
- preferably has a strong interest and familiarity with the digital system, including global key stakeholders and issues
- is an outstanding relationship/stakeholder manager, capable of building trust and communicating clearly
- is flexible working in an evolving and fast-changing environment, a self-starter that has a positive attitude and is able to plan and set priorities
- is effective in a remote working environment
- has excellent written and spoken English.
An inspiring and dynamic role, with room to grow in a purpose driven team focused on impact, ambition and teamwork. We stimulate personal growth, believe in flexible working arrangements and you will receive market-based employment benefits. We have offices in Amsterdam and London and colleagues all over the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity is one of our values.
Send your resume to email@example.com addressed to Ciska de Hilster (Lead People) with a brief cover letter explaining why you want to join the WBA and how you meet the ‘our Engagement Manager:’ bullets. We are happy for you to apply as soon as possible but at latest on 31 January and first virtual interviews will be held on 8 & 9 February. For more information about us and what we do, see our website or follow @SDGBenchmarks.