Are you a communication professional that enjoys translating complex content into clear and simple social media messaging? Do you understand the impact of communication through on- and offline channels for different audiences? Then the World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is looking for you because we need a new colleague in our communication team for a maternity cover of 5-6 months.
Social Media Lead
For 32-40 hours a week
At WBA we seek to generate a movement around increasing the private sector’s impact towards a sustainable future for all. The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That’s why we develop benchmarks that will compare companies’ performance on the SDGs. Communication is key to create momentum and relevancy for WBA and its benchmarks. The communication team facilitates on- and offline conversations and your role is to create content and manage projects that bring our purpose and work to life online. You work closely with the other communications colleagues and through working out loud we make sure everyone knows what’s happening and can step in.
What you will do in this role:
- in collaboration with our benchmark teams you create online content for our social media and build online campaigns for our launches and events
- maintain WBA’s social media channels and guide colleagues who are ‘editor in Chief’ and responsible for our social media accounts
- keep track of our online performance and measure its effectiveness
- develop social media toolkits for our stakeholders
- actively contribute to our communications strategy and annual plan in collaboration with the communications team
- step into a range of communications tasks and support the communications team where needed.
Our Social Media Lead:
- has 2-5 years of working experience in a social media/communication role
- has a background in communication, marketing or business/international studies
- brings in knowledge and ideas on how to use social media effectively in our communication
- has excellent written and spoken English
- is excited to get to know the WBA network and has affinity with sustainability
- is flexible and effective working in a quickly evolving and remote environment
- a self-starter that has a positive attitude, team spirit and can plan and set priorities.
A dynamic role with room to grow in a driven team focused on impact, ambition and teamwork. We stimulate personal growth, believe in flexible working arrangements and you will receive market-based employment benefits. We have a physical presence in Amsterdam and London, alongside many employees who work across the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity is one of our values. The role is for a 5-6-month period and you preferably start end of November.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ciska de Hilster (Lead People) with a brief cover letter explaining why you want to join the WBA and how you meet the ‘our Social Media Lead’ bullets. In case you have any questions regarding the role, you can reach out to Lisa Kos (Communications Lead) at email@example.com. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible but at latest on 11 November. For more information about us and our benchmarks, see our website or follow @SDGBenchmarks.