Are you passionate about the role of the private sector in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Are you a strategic thinker with significant experience working on investor engagement and sustainability? Do you understand the power of data in driving capital allocation and mobilising collective action? The World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is now recruiting an:
Investor Engagement Lead
WBA is building a movement to measure and incentivise business impact towards a sustainable future that works for everyone. The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the SDGs, but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That’s why we are assessing the progress of thousands of companies through publicly available and free rankings of corporate performance. Our benchmarks are used by investors, civil society, governments and companies to accelerate a race to the top. The Investor Engagement Lead will drive the use of our benchmark data by the investment community, leveraging the insights and learnings from our methodologies and rankings to drive action and impact by investors and financial sector. You will also play a key role internally, to build understanding of investor priorities and needs across WBA, so our work is relevant to the investor audience.
Part of the WBA Engagement Team, you will lead WBA’s investor engagement strategy and provide a critical link between benchmarks/system transformations and the investment community (both investors and investor-focused platforms among our Allies, as well as the broader investor/financial services industry).
What you will do:
- Build relationships with investors, identifying needs and opportunities to use benchmark data in their engagement with companies;
- Develop institutional investor engagement strategy, including user case and engagement approach;
- Coordinate collective investor engagement by clarifying intended outcomes, drafting expectation documents, and linking to public policy priorities;
- Serve as main point of contact for investor requests and queries, including providing voting recommendations or resolution suggestions, supporting thematic engagements, and facilitating thought leadership;
- Engage proactively across benchmark and transformation teams, advising on engagement plans, and coordinating and aligning on investor outreach and communications;
- Focus on growing the community of WBA investor Allies.
What we are looking for:
- 7-10 years’ experience managing investor engagement and coalition-building on issues related to sustainability or the SDGs;
- Strong strategic thinking skills with proven expertise in sustainability and ESG issues, including specific applications to the investor or financial services communities. Experience of impact measurement and management approaches in the same industry would be an advantage;
- Ability to navigate between and among different areas of engagement, including on social inclusion, food and agriculture, decarbonisation and energy, digital inclusion, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to distil and translate complex data into relevant insights and opportunities for investors;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure, often with competing deadlines;
- This is a new role in a young and fast-growing organisation, so you will have a positive attitude and be a self-starter; Effective in a remote, evolving and self-managed environment.
A dynamic role with room to grow in a driven team focused on impact, ambition and teamwork. We stimulate personal growth, believe in flexible working arrangements and you will receive market-based employment benefits. We have a physical presence in Amsterdam and London, alongside many employees who work across the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity is one of our values.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ciska de Hilster (Lead People) with a brief cover letter explaining why you want to join the WBA and how you meet ‘What we are looking for’. We are happy for you to apply as soon as possible but at the latest on 29 November and first virtual online interviews will be held on 9 & 10 December. For more information about us and our benchmarks, see our website or follow @SDGBenchmarks.