Are you passionate about the role of the private sector in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement? Do you have experience working with investors? Do you understand the power of data in driving capital allocation and mobilising collective action? The World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is now recruiting an:
Investor Engagement Lead
WBA is building a movement to measure and incentivise business impact towards a sustainable future that works for everyone. The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the SDGs, but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That is why we are assessing the progress of thousands of companies through publicly available rankings of corporate performance. Our benchmarks are used by investors, civil society, governments, and companies to accelerate a race to the top. The Investor Engagement Lead will support the use of our benchmark data by the investment community, leveraging the insights and learnings from our methodologies and rankings to drive action and impact by investors and the financial sector. You will also play a key role internally, to build understanding of investor priorities and needs across WBA, so our work is relevant to the investor audience. Part of the WBA Engagement Team, you will provide a link between benchmarks/system transformations and the investment community (both investors and investor-focused platforms among our Allies).
What you will do:
- Build relationships with investors (particularly the investors part of the WBA Alliance), identifying needs and opportunities to use benchmark data in their engagement with companies;
- Contribute to shaping the institutional investor engagement strategy, including use case and engagement approach;
- Coordinate collective investor engagement, particularly linked to WBA’s Collective Impact Coalitions, by clarifying intended outcomes, drafting expectation documents, and linking to public policy priorities;
- Serve as point of contact for investor requests and queries, including supporting thematic engagements and facilitating thought leadership;
- Engage proactively across benchmark and transformation teams, advising on engagement plans, and coordinating and aligning on investor outreach and communications.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3-5 years experience working with investors on issues related to sustainability (for instance at an Asset Owner, Asset Manager or working directly with investors at an ESG service provider or investor-linked organisation). Experience working with other types of financial institutions (bank, insurance companies etc.) and/ or North American/Asia-based investment institutions would be an advantage;
- Strong coordination and project management skills with proven expertise in sustainability and ESG issues, including specific applications to investors. Experience of impact measurement and management approaches in the same industry would be an advantage;
- Ability to navigate between and among different sustainability themes, including social inclusion, food and agriculture, decarbonisation and energy, digital inclusion, etc;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to distill and translate complex data into relevant insights in one to one and group meetings with investors as well as with investor-linked organisations (such as PRI etc.);
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure, often with competing deadlines;
- Positive attitude, collaborative working approach, effective in a remote and evolving self-managed environment.
A dynamic role with room to grow in a driven team focused on impact, ambition and teamwork. You will be supported and guided by others in developing and executing an engagement approach, working collaboratively within the engagement team and others across the organisation to drive forward institutional priorities. We stimulate personal growth and believe in flexible working arrangements. You will receive market-based employment benefits (the equivalent of the compensation range €55,000 – €75,000 for a Netherlands-based employee). We have a physical presence in Amsterdam and London, alongside many employees who work across the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity is one of our values. This role is a maternity cover starting by the beginning of February 2022 running until end November 2022, with the opportunity to convert into a permanent role for the right candidate and subject to organisational needs and priorities at the end of the contract period.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Nikki Gwilliam-Beeharee (Investor Engagement Lead) with a brief cover letter explaining why you want to join the WBA and how you meet ‘What we are looking for.’ In case you have questions about the role reach about to Nikki Gwilliam-Beeharee (email@example.com). We are happy for you to apply as soon as possible but at the latest by 28 November and virtual interviews will be held on 8 and 9 December (round one) and 14 and 15 December (round 2). For more information about us and our benchmarks, explore our website or follow @SDGBenchmarks.