Are you excited about applying your finance expertise and experience within a TEAL organisation? Are you a team player who can be a valuable business partner and provide a strong financial oversight, supporting the organisation to create positive social impact? The World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is looking for a new colleague to join our finance team as:
At WBA we seek to generate a movement around increasing the private sector’s impact towards a sustainable future that works for all. The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals, but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be a change in the way their impact is measured. That’s why we develop benchmarks that will compare companies’ performance on the Sustainable Development Goals.
WBA is a not-for-profit organisation funded by various governments and foundations. WBA’s legal entity is based in the Netherlands and has a two-tier board. Being a publicly funded global organisation comes with its financial puzzles, such as working with various reporting obligations, allocating different kinds of funding and providing clear financial insights to everyone in the organisation. Complexity is also created by colleagues working across the globe and this should enthuse you. Our future Finance Lead is someone who gets excited by standardising simple solutions, ensuring we stay in control of our finances, and creating maximum impact with limited resources. We are looking for a proactive team member, who adapts easily to change, thrives in a non-hierarchical organisation, keeps things simple and enjoys ‘working out loud’.
What you will do in this role
- Ensure a timely and complete financial administration (financial control).
- Organise and produce financial reports, including our annual statements and financial insights for the executive and supervisory board and donor reports; ensuring our funders stay informed about how we’re using their money.
- Contribute to the information we provide to stakeholders such as donors and other financial parties, through e.g. financial reports and external audits.
- Provide the organisation with financial management and insights as required to enable them to make swift decisions.
- Be a sparring partner for colleagues, adding value to our decision-making process by providing a financial perspective.
- Contribute to the learning and development of the Finance team (2FTE), by paying attention to the human side of things, and working together in a transparent way to continuously improve the organisation’s financial consciousness.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3–8 years of work experience in a finance role with a track record of working in business control or accounting whilst leading a team.
- Has a broad knowledge of the bigger picture of finance and its moving parts.
- Has the ability to share financial expertise with the rest of the organisation in a simple way.
- Is keen to get to know the WBA’s culture and has an affinity with sustainability
- Is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, team spirit and the ability to prioritise
- Is flexible and can work effectively in an evolving and remote environment.
- Has an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Has a master’s degree in finance or equivalent.
What we have to offer
We offer a dynamic role with room to grow, in a driven team focused on impact, ambition and teamwork. We stimulate personal growth, believe in flexible working arrangements, and provide market-based employment benefits. We have a physical presence in Amsterdam and London, alongside many employees who work from home all around the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity is one of our values.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ciska de Hilster, Lead People at firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining why you want to join WBA and how you meet what we are looking for. If you have any questions about the role, you can reach out to Annemarie Kingma, Finance Interim at email@example.com. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible but no later than 20th June, 2021. The first round of interviews will be held on 29th and 30th June. For more information about WBA and our benchmarks, please see our website www.worldbenchmarkingalliance.org, our LinkedIn or Twitter.