Do you enjoy translating complex content into simple, impactful stories? Are you experienced in developing and delivering effective communications strategies? Then the World Benchmarking Alliance is looking for you to join our Communications Team.
The World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is a non-profit organisation that assesses and ranks the world’s most influential companies on their contributions towards the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We publish free and public benchmarks as a public good, to hold the private sector responsible to the key role they play in building a more sustainable future that works for everyone. These benchmarks will reveal to both companies and stakeholders where each company stands compared to its peers, where it can improve and where urgent action is needed to deliver on the SDGs. To turn business into a force for good.
Communication is key for creating and building momentum as an organisation, as well as for our benchmarks. Your main focus will be to distill our key messages and use communications to build a movement. Your storytelling and strategic thinking will help us to create impact and shape public opinion on topics relevant to our work. Finally, as an evolving organisation, we’re always working on new communications activities. We’re therefore looking for a new team member who is able and motivated to take on a diverse range of projects.
What you will do in this role:
- lead all the communications efforts in our climate and energy work, acting as the Comms Point of Contact for the Climate and Energy Benchmark team; working with the rest of the Communications Team to generate attention for their research
- manage day-to-day communications activities together with the communications team, including the production of web and social media content, newsletters and internal communications
- generate a movement around our benchmarks by helping to translate in-depth content into appealing messages and stories that resonate
- help to come up with ideas on how we can be more inclusive in our communications and bring in perspectives from around the world
- work with the communications team and external agencies to continuously improve our communications by learning from each other; help to ensure alignment where relevant in the ways that we communicate about our different benchmarks.
We are looking for someone with:
- 4-6 years of experience working in a communications role, experience in behavioural change or delivering campaigns would be an advantage
- a working knowledge of the corporate sustainability landscape
- strong planning, organisational and interpersonal skills, who is capable of ensuring that communications deliverables are completed according to tight deadlines
- a self-starter with a positive attitude and team spirit who is comfortable working in a ‘TEAL’, multicultural and remote environment
- a high level of written and spoken English.
A dynamic role with room to grow in a driven team focused on impact, ambition, and teamwork. We stimulate personal growth, believe in flexible working arrangements, and offer market-based salary and employment benefits. We have a physical office presence in Amsterdam and London, alongside many team members who work from various countries across the world. You can be based anywhere for this role as inclusivity, is one of our values, however we particularly welcome applications from developing countries, to add a new perspective to our team.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Lisa Kos (Communications Lead) with a brief cover letter explaining why you’d like to join WBA and how you match the role description. For any questions regarding the role, please reach out to Lisa Kos. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, no later than 16 January. The first round of interviews will take place on 24 and 26 January. For more information about WBA and our benchmarks, please see our website or follow @SDGBenchmarks.